“It’s like having a beer with me, only somehow less intoxicating."

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother’s Day Poetry Slam

Hello loyal followers and welcome to a truly special entry in our ongoing quest for truth, beauty, and skullshattering awesomeness. Today we have a real treat for you: Several of our regular contributors have prepared themed poetry in honor of this special Mother’s day.  Please enjoy these magnificent and moving works.

Mother
By Darkraven Eveningsong

My ears bleed with the first sound of life
Your screams
Your unbearable pain
I hate you

Anger, sadness, frustration
You scream at me
For feeding off your lifeforce
You are not my mother

Gaia

Gaia is my real mother
You are a screaming bitch
Your cigarettes and Kumtchatka
%*@# you

Mother
By Duncan Marigold

Oh mother,
What can I say
That a Thousand poets have not said before
Dear mother
You make me gay
When I think of how me you adore

Mother, oh mother
Wonderful, beautiful mother
Like a field of flowers you glow
My mother,
You mother
I am but a fawn to your doe

Mother
By Bethany Goodwin

Your heart is giving
Like Jesus, not sinning
In Christ whom we worship
I thank you for friendship

You gave me my life
Praise be to Christ!
You gave me a home
And taught me His name

So now I say “thank you”
Like Christ, I’ll not shank you
Together forever
Stop loving Him never

Mother
By Barry Dada

M
O
T
H
E
R

Mother
By Francisca Watkins

Dark
Warm and moist
Safe
Calm and peace

Light
Cold and dry
Fear
Harsh chaos

Arms
Holding me warm
Safe
Suckling

Safe.

I hope you enjoyed this collection of poems.  Now take the rest of the day to quit blaming your mother for all your problems, asshole.

No comments:

Post a Comment